Sunday, November 30, 2014

Ferguson

I have tried to keep my opinions of this situation to myself, seeming that everyone in the world has found their own opinion and a way to announce to the world that it is, in fact, the correct point of view. However, like everyone else, I also have an opinion. What happened in Ferguson is another unfortunate incident of a white male shooting a black male. This just seems all familiar to me. While many people take this as an act of racism, there is much more under lying here. What the cop felt when he pulled that trigger could have been fear, not hatred. He could fear black men for the stigma that society places on them. Now that the verdict is set for Officer Wilson, people feel as though he is not being tried equally because of the races of the Jury, leaning in Wilson's favor. However, I don't think that this is the case. I think that Wilson didn't go after Brown thinking I'm going to kill this Black man because I can get away with it. While people may feel that the judicial system is being played, I think it's important to also realize that this isn't a clear cut case. There is a lot of ambiguity that comes along with the actual events that happened in Ferguson and unfortunately we may never know the entire truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment